Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Travelling Peru

I have escaped the November weather of New Brunswick and spending a month backpacking in Peru. I arrived in Lima on Nov. 17 - and that was a culture shock! Presently, I am in the city of Pisco. People come here to see the wild life by a boat tour to Islas Ballestas. The number of sea birds - including penguins - and sea lions is truly amazing. And there is also a national park with some wonderful coastal views. Today I am catching a bus at 1:30 and heading to the oasis town of Huacachina. It is possible to do sand boarding there. Oh yes, this is a desert.

The highlight of the trip will be my stay at Cusco and a visit to the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu.

On the FreshAir front - we are in the process of creating a number of specialized tours for those wishing to see other aspects of Fundy National Park. We are simply calling them Special Paddles at this time.

Until next time.

Alan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home